DAA represented before Central and State Government and was responsible for:
- Issue of Notification 35/2011-CE which enabled procurement of goods without Excise Duty even when the Project was enjoying Provisional Mega Power Project Status only
- Service Tax Exemption to delivery of movie in digital format to theatres and selling of space or time for advertisements
- Change in requirements from Fixed Deposit to Bank Guarantee for power projects to procure goods without duty
- Increase in Standard Deduction for Works Contracts in a couple of States
- Exemption of VAT on Copy Rights involving theatrical rights
Recently, VTPA has been recognised as one of India’s Leading Advisers in Transfer Pricing by Expert Guides publication, Euromoney UK 2017.
VTPA has been rated by International Tax Review as one of the Best Newcomer Tax Firm in Asia. VTPA has been nominated as India’s leading Transfer Pricing and Tax Consultant by International Tax Review – World Tax and by Euromoney Legal Media Group. VTPA has also been selected as the “Transfer Pricing Advisory Firm of the Year in India” by Corporate INTL Global Awards 2014, UK.
VTPA has authored many articles relating to domestic tax, international tax, mutual agreement procedure and other allied fields, published in business newspapers, professional journals, in international tax publications like IBFD, BNA, International Tax Review UK, Tax Analyst USA, etc. and have also co-authored books on tax.